Monday, March 26, 2007

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work we go...

I've taken a lot of time off from working on the fiberglass belt and it's time to get back on the bicycle.

There have been a lot of things going on in Real Life that I'm not at liberty to discuss, but safe to say they're largely out of the way now, so I can get back to things that are really important. ;-)

Back when I took that fiberglass cast of my waist, I wrapped the casting tape around my penis to see how that would work. Well, it didn't work too well, because my penis was very squishy at the time, and
the result was not much of a shape. But I did get a rough cast of my soft penis.

Later on after the cast had been taken off, I lined the rough cast of my penis with saran wrap and poured silicone mould maker in, hoping that would result in a better shape that I could use later on. It didn't. It resulted in a very rough shape after I demoulded it from the saran wrap, but at least I had a rough model of my penis to work with. The model went into a drawer for at least 4 months until it came back out tonight.

I've used modelling clay to sculpt a smooth version of the rough model, using the rough model for measurements and eyeball estimates. I've had some sculpting tools sitting around for a while, and those came in handy to scrape the excess clay and to make the clay model roughly symmetrical.

Thickened silicone has been poured over the model and I'm waiting for it to cure.

The Plan:
1) Next I'm going to "paint" the inside surface of the mould with silicone to make a smooth surface.
2) Then resin will be poured inside to make a hard model which will be set aside in case something goes wrong.
3) Then the mould will be cleaned with denatured alcohol to remove any oils
4) and mould release applied to the surface.
5) Then I'm going to make a silicone version of the model that will be used to make the final prototype.

----------------------------------------

The rear cable on my Neosteel Male Sports belt broke while I was wearing it today, and I am saddened. Not surprised, just saddened. That cable was repaired by the previous owner, who obviously didn't have the proper tools. It's held up remarkably well, but today was it just gave up the ghost. Inquiries have been made to all vendors for estimates.