Sunday, October 01, 2006

What is it that am I trying to produce anyway? I've added a link to archive.org's capture of Reinholds now-defunct website, www.reinholds.de, to give you an idea.

---

Disaster strikes! My impatience from yesterday has cost me! I neglected to paint on that second coat of silicone, so the walls of the mold turned out too thin. I was unable to pry the clay original away from the silicone and the hard resin backing without tearing the silicone apart. Here's the result looking appropriately like a burst bubble.

Fortunately, I have a backup plan. The hard backing that I made of resin is has captured the shape that I need. I can get away with using it as the basis for a new mold. After re-inserting the dowel and sealing the area around the dowel with modelling clay, I have coated the inside with silicone. This will cure to form a mold in the shape I want.


When I pull out the casting, I will destroy the temporary silicone mold in the process, but since I'm only going to cast this particular piece once, I don't care whether the silicone survives or not.

As an alternative, I think I could have sprayed the resin with mold release and used that to cast the piece directly.

Oh well, more waiting while the new silicone cures...

---

I'll talk about being measured for a chastity belt by Mario Latowski later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home